In 1989, I was awarded a first degree in English Philology by the University of Zaragoza, and since 2000, I have worked as a full-time translator.
I was successful in my first attempt at the 2002 exam for certified translator of English organised by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and I was granted certified-translator status in February 2003. Since then, I have combined certified and non-certified translation work. You can check my status here, in the directory of certified translators compiled by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
From 1989 to 1995, I lived in Great Britain, where I worked for HarperCollins and the Oxford University Press compiling dictionaries. That work enabled me to greatly deepen my knowledge of English and Spanish, something that I recovered by working (from Spain) on Harrap’s Business Dictionary and Harrap’s Marketing Dictionary.
I also have experience of teaching Business English and legal translation: during the academic years 2006-2007 and 2007-2008, I was in charge of the contracts section of the Legal Translation Module within the Master’s in Translation of Specialist Texts at the University of Zaragoza.
In addition, I undergo ongoing training in various subjects relating to legal, financial, and business translation.
You can see my curriculum vitæ here.
I am recommended by the USA Consulate General [check].
Contact EG Sardinero
Basic information on Data Protection:
- Data Controller:: Enrique González Sardinero
- Recipients of assignments: Data shall not be assigned to third parties except pursuant to the exceptions set out in law.
- International transfers: No international transfers shall be carried out.
- Rights of data subjects:To withdraw their consent at any time, to object to processing, to access data, to rectify data, and to erase data, as well as other rights, as is explained in the additional information.
- Additional information: You can find full details here